Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Intel 3945 support in GenMAC
Datum: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:02:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:39:38 -0700, Will Honea wrote:

>** Reply to message from "Jan van Wijk" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on
>Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:52:57 +0100 (CET)
>

>> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 01:57:15 -0700, Will Honea wrote:
>>
>> >I've got two models of Toshiba's - one a model 105, the other a 115 dual
>> >Centrino.  Both install eCS just fine.  Sound works, LAN works, Genmac
>> >recognizes the 3945abg wireless but I haven't had time to fiddle with
>> >WLAN/XWLAN yet.
>>
>> I'd be very interested to hear if you get it to work properly.
>>
>> I noticed a Toshiba P100-443 for sale at the computer-shop
>> arround the corner from my place :-)
>>
>> It is a Core 2 Duo, with 2Gb of Ram and a 160 Gb disk,
>> with the Intel 945 chipset, so video should be supported by SNAP,
>> an it has the 3945 wireless chipset ...
>>
>> Looks like a good upgrade from the T42 I have now that
>> only has a 1024x768 screen, which is about the most
>> limiting factor at the moment.
>>
>> Of course the extra speed and RAM are very welcome too :-)
>
>Sounds like a decent setup.  I had the 3945 actually connected using WEP over
>the weekend but never got WPA set up right.  The only real issue I have with
>the Toshibas is the screen.  Native resolution is 1200x800 on these and I have
>yet to figure out how to get SNAP to recognize the thing.  It displays
>correctly but the scan runs off the edges and you have to scroll to see it all.
>I'll figure it out one of these days...
>
>--
>Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net>

Will,

What Vendor:Device and chipset [and how do you find out what the
chipset is] do you have working as a 3945?  My TPad T60 is 8086:4227
and is not recognized by the GenMac driver at all.

Also, regarding the screen resolution, the TPad T60 specs indicates:
"Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (Intel 945GM)
           - integrated graphics chipet
        Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 chipset with
1024x768 TFT display resolution TFT display color depth chart"
This *is* supported by SNAP, though.  That's about the only thing that
is working well on my T60.

Thanks,
Carl