From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Intel 3945 support in GenMAC
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:44:15 -0500

On 02/21/07 04:02 pm, Carl Gehr thus wrote :
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:39:38 -0700, Will Honea wrote:

<snip>
Sounds like a decent setup.  I had the 3945 actually connected using WEP over
the weekend but never got WPA set up right.  The only real issue I have with
the Toshibas is the screen.  Native resolution is 1200x800 on these and I have
yet to figure out how to get SNAP to recognize the thing.  It displays
correctly but the scan runs off the edges and you have to scroll to see it all.
I'll figure it out one of these days...

-- Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net>

Will,

What Vendor:Device and chipset [and how do you find out what the
chipset is] do you have working as a 3945?  My TPad T60 is 8086:4227
and is not recognized by the GenMac driver at all.

Also, regarding the screen resolution, the TPad T60 specs indicates:
"Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (Intel 945GM)
           - integrated graphics chipet
        Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 chipset with
1024x768 TFT display resolution TFT display color depth chart"
This *is* supported by SNAP, though.  That's about the only thing that
is working well on my T60.

PMFJI...

Carl, I think Will's issue is with that blasted widescreen res (1200x800). Many video drivers get strange when non-4:3 resolutions are requested (and for apparently no good reason).

BTW, I got in that order of 3945 cards and a spare 40GB 2.5" SATA drive. Now I just need to grab one of the machines from my client to have a look see.

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com