os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #797

Da: "Kris Steenhaut" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Intel 3945 support in GenMAC
Data: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 06:49:13 +0100
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Carl Gehr ha scritto:

What Vendor:Device and chipset [and how do you find out what the
chipset is] do you have working as a 3945?
Run pci.exe (as you have done already) and compare with the list of upported hardware in the file genmac.inf.
  My TPad T60 is 8086:4227
and is not recognized by the GenMac driver at all.

Of course not. Very easy to know as intel 8086:4227 isn't mentioned in the list of supported hardware. The only iNtel wireless devices supported by Genmac are devices 1043 and 4220 (8086 is the intel identification btw)..

I know I'm repeating myself again once more, but apparently it has to be done.
        Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 chipset with
1024x768 TFT display resolution TFT display color depth chart"
This *is* supported by SNAP, though.  That's about the only thing that
is working well on my T60.

As I told already before, why on Earth do we want to accost to Lenovo Thinkpads while there are better options? IBM holds 19 % of Lenovo shares? So what? It's about your (our) money, isn't it?  --
Groeten uit Gent,

  Kris