Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Intel 3945 support in GenMAC
Datum: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:15:10 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 06:49:13 +0100, Kris Steenhaut wrote:

>As I told already before, why on Earth do we want to accost to Lenovo Thinkpads while there are better options? IBM holds 19 % of Lenovo shares? So what? It's about your (our) money, isn't it?

WADR, Kris, I will also repeat myself:  If you were paying attention to
several of my posts, BEFORE I PURCHASED the T60, I asked HERE and OTHER
places if anyone was successfully using T60s.  I also asked about
specific devices, including the PRO/1000 WHICH IS ON THE GENMAC
SUPPORTED LIST and the WiFi which was originally listed ONLY as 3945
[w/o any vendor:device qualifications] and showed as supported.

As to why ThinkPads, my rationale was almost identical to the
explanation given by Lewis.  I will not repeat it again.

Finally, the developers of the GenMac drivers clearly implied that, if
someone submitted the files and documentation they needed, they would
at least attempt to add the support.  Thus far, I have not been able to
get ANY REPONSES, much less support for these two devices; even for the
one that is SUPPOSED TO WORK.

Finally, since you imply you are so convinced of 'better options' where
were you back in OCTOBER when I was asking about the T60?  Why did you
not say at that time, that you KNEW the T60 would not work, has
unsupportable devices, was a bad choice?

Honestly, I am looking for SOLUTIONS not 20-20 hindsight that does not
move things forward.