From: "SYNass i-lists" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: GenMAC 2.0 + Cisco mPCI + XWLAN 3.0 + UNIAUD 1.1.4 RC1
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:57:57 +0100
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

Hi Lewis
You concentrate on UNIaud with your problems !
Could it be that xCenter may cause it ?

XWLAN can be installed off OR within xCenter !?

HTH & good luck !

Cheers, svobi

os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com on 02.03.2007 00:09:55
Please respond to os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com
cc:
Subject: [OS2Wireless]Re: GenMAC 2.0 + Cisco mPCI + XWLAN 3.0 + UNIAUD
1.1.4 RC1

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
> On 02/28/07 09:53 pm, Andy Willis thus wrote :
>> Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
>>> Ugh. The above does not make for a pretty picture on the ThinkPad
>>> T30. As many of you know form my Wi-Fi sessions at Warpstock, I
have
>>> a bit of a supply of Cisco 350 mini-PCI adapters. As I'm still
>>> waiting for my next shipment of Intel 2915ABG's to show up, I
wanted
>>> to get something into the recently-rebuilt T30 for Diane, so I used
>>> one of the Cisco adapters.
>>>
>>> GenMAC loads up fine and recognizes the card (I double-checked with
>>> pci.exe, as these cards are actually Access Point cards -
>>> AIR-MP20B-A). Upon reaching the desktop, everything goes fine until
>>> xCenter loads, and then a nasty TRAP008 hits (hot interrupt). So, I
>>> figured that the problem may be with UNIAUD (I was using the build
>>> which ships with eCS 1.2R, dated 8/2005). I updated UNIAUD, but no
>>> dice. In fact, at odd intervals, the other MMPM modules fail to
load
>>> (perhaps the interrupt conflict followed by the TRAP008 leaves
either
>>> the audio or the Cisco card in a hung state upon warm reset).
>>>
>>> So, I'm going to roll back and wait for the Intel cards to show up.
>>> Is anyone else using a Cisco mPCI with GenMAC, XWLAN, and UNIAUD?
>>>
>> Have you tried to rem out uniaud?
> To respond to both you and Julian, I am planning to give that
(disabling
> all sound) a whirl later on this evening, and will post my results.
> Meanwhile, I heard from my wholesaler that the pair of 2915ABG's I
> ordered should be shipping out to me by week's end.
>> BTW, I now have the Thinkpad T60 issued to me.  It has the 168C 1014
>> Atheros Communications 11a/b/g Wireless mPCI and the Intel 8086 109A
>> PRO/1000 PL Network Connection.  Both of which are supported by the
>> Genmac driver though neither are actually working.  It looks like it
>> is related to the problem with the Intel 2200 BG where some are
having
>> to change BIOS power management settings (though those settings are
>> not having an affect helping these cards).
> Andy, isn't that wireless card mini-PCI-Express, and not mPCI? I'm
> wondering whether these GenMAC issues are more closely related to the
> PCI architecture than the chipsets.

Yes it is pci express.  It may be related to that, hadn't thought of
it.  I have SNAP, USB, and PCMCIA (not fully tested) working.  The
audio is close but HDA wasn't completed, I may be working with Paul
Smedley on that as he has the opportunity.  I worked with Pasha last
nihgt trying to see if acpi could gain me anything.  He seems to think
it should be working from what he sees (after adding some lines to the
acpi.cfg file anyway).
Andy

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<os2-wireless_users-digest@2rosenthals.com>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to
<os2-wireless_users-index@2rosenthals.com>
Send administrative queries to
<os2-wireless_users-request@2rosenthals.com>
To subscribe (new addresses), E-mail to:
<os2-wireless_users-on@2rosenthals.com> and reply to the confirmation
email.
Web archives are publicly available at: http://lists.2rosenthals.com

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)

--
>>>  Say  NO  to  H T M L  in Mail and News  <<<
>>>   AGAINST  TERROR   +++   AGAINST  WAR   <<<
Image