From: "Al Heath" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Cardbus 802.11g card with WPA for eCS or Linux?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:14:44 -0600

>> On eComStation.ru there were a very few listed that I
>> could identify as Cardbus.  A Netgear 108 Mbps Wireless PC Card WG511T and
>> a D-Link -- DWL-G650.

I picked up a WG511T based on that and have never gotten it to work reliably on the OS/2 side. Windoze XP works fine with my netgear 54MB (WGR614) router.  With OS/2, it will come up and work for a while but then traps the entire system after a little while.  I get the system to run longer (maybe 5 minutes...) if I use the Genmac binaries directly rather than XWLAN.  BTW, I do use Genmac successfully on other built-in adapter on other machines so I'm not a total novice with Genmac.  Basically, on this T23 I was trying to use the WG511T in, I gave up and now use an external Wireless bridge.  One of the bridges I have is USB Powered so I still get the freedom to work on battery.

Al