From: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Cardbus 802.11g card with WPA for eCS or Linux?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:34:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:41:56 -0400, madodel wrote:

>I finally found the documentation for the laptop and it says the mini-PCI
>card is for a wireless 802.11b card so maybe the modem and network card are
>builtin to the motherboard.  I know there is no wireless card in this
>model, and in fact the pdf shows a different set of LEDs on it then is on
>my laptop so I suppose that some models did come with builtin wireless and
>some didn't.
>
>The problem is that I have to disassemble the laptop to get to the mini-PCI
>card connector to see what is in there.  I have tried taking out the
>keyboard on this thing before and it was a horrible job that I never fully
>accomplished.  I will try taking it apart later this week when I have a few
>hours to mess with it.  It may already have the antennae builtin.  I will
>let you know.  I appreciate the offer.

Mark,
Have you tried starting at:
>http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=HOME-LENOVO
using the actual Type-Model and then requesting the detailed specs?
Depending on the model, there is quite a bit of detail available.  And,
then there is also the 'Parts Information' doc that actually shows
part/FRU numbers, etc.  Try starting with:
>http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?subcategoryind=0&familyind=207198&brandind=10&doccategoryind=0&modelind=224087&doctypeind=2&validate=true&partnumberind=0&sitestyle=lenovo&template=%2Fproductpage%2Flandingpages%2FproductPageLandingPage.vm&operatingsystemind=50685&machineind=207225

[sorry for the long URL.  But it should avoid wrappeing...]

Maybe these two links will save you some time.

Carl