From: "Paul Treciokas" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: OT SNMP
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:08:21 -0400
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

Dave Saville wrote:
Is there a SNMP *manager* for OS/2? ie something that will *receive* SNMP
traps.

TIA

Most definitely there is a way to get snmp traps on OS/2. I used it
all the time. But, it seems to have been dropped along the way
somewhere to the latest TCP/IP stack version. In Warp 3 and 4 it was
shipped as an optional install with the TCP stack. I recall typing
snmptrapd at a command line and it would start up a trap receiver.
There were commands such as snmpget and snmpset. They were super easy
to use. It was actually an snmp agent implementation and I used it to
make an OS/2 commercial product SNMP manageable. It was sort of
documented in the IBM TCP/IP Toolkit. for OS/2. Sorry I can't help
more.

Paul Treciokas