From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]WPA Access
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:42:17 -0400

Yes, this works for me. What are the parameters at the access point, insofar as TKIP and/or AES is/are concerned? 99.9% of the time when I have an issue with WPA (any OS), the problem is with a mismatch between TKIP + AES, TKIP, or AES. TKIP + AES (as I have pointed out in an earlier thread) allows for clients to use *either* TKIP *or* AES. The original WPA spec only allowed for TKIP; WPA2 allows for AES encryption as well (or instead of). If the AP supports it, I recommend setting it to TKIP + AES, and then trying one or the other on the client side (WPA PSK or WPA2 PSK, in XWLAN) to see which one works best.

On 03/24/07 04:30 pm, Hakan thus wrote :
I have a TP43p with an Intel 2915 a/b/g wireless card.  WEP-encrypted
connections work fine but I have yet to be successful in establishing a
link with any WPA-enabled access point.  I believe my card is a
8086:4224 and I am using version 2.0 of the GenMac wrapper.

Does anyone have this specific combination working?

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com