From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: WPA Access
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:57:11 -0400

On 03/25/07 08:35 pm, Will Honea thus wrote :
** Reply to message from "Lewis G Rosenthal"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:12:21 -0400

Now that GenMAC has been updated to support the newer BIOS revisions in the T43 and T43p, you might want to flash your firmware and also try upgrading to the latest Intel Win driver in the wrapper directory for GenMAC (helps with dropouts). I do not have a problem getting my hardware to initialize at every boot.

Lew, you got a url for the updates?  Sorry, but my memory isn't what it once
was....

:-)  Ain't none of us getting any younger, my friend!

By GenMAC updates, I was referring to 2.0 vs 1.7, and XWLAN 3.0 vs 2.x.

For Intel updates, you'll want to go to http://tinyurl.com/2rfl4b. That should yield the latest driver package for:

9.0.4.27 Driver for Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG/2915ABG Network Connections
10.5.1.75 Driver for Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection.

Again, remember that replacing the version of the inf and sys files in the wrapper directory may yield unpredictable results, so back up  your existing files first, before a reboot. The files should not be locked, so renaming and/or copying over them is simple to do while the system is up.

For ThinkPad firmware, use the device driver matrices for ThinkPads at http://tinyurl.com/3znsa and just drill down to your model from there. Note that some of the newer models require online (read: from a Windows desktop) flashing, so that pesky Win partition may just need to be booted. This is particularly true of systems which do/did not ship with diskette drives.

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com