Van: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: List archives now migrated to CommuniGate Pro
Datum: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:37:58 -0400
Aan: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On 07/28/06 02:14 am, Bob thus wrote :
** Reply to message from "Lewis G Rosenthal os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com"
on Fri, 28 Jul 2006 00:04:49 -0400

The older archives have been modified to conform to the convention we've adopted of obscuring the sender's email address by replacing it with the list address.

That may help a little but the spammers still harvest email addresses from this
list.  I just receintly changed email addresses on this list because I started
to get a lot of spam (the email address I use on this list is only used here).

Bob, the spammers can *only* harvest from the old list archives. The current list archives only provide the list address for email addresses (note my address in the quote, above).

If you can find an instance in the new list archives (there amy be occurrences within messages from the migrated old archives, where quotes contain email addresses - these would be messages prior to March 26, 2006), please let me know.

Thanks!!

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com