Van: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: SOCKETS.SYS Error
Datum: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 11:00:17 -0400
Aan: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hmmm... So you're using GenMAC for your wired ethernet as well as wireless? And you get these crashes both wired and wireless? Try a non-GenMAC driver for the wired NIC, if that is the case.

FWIW, here is  my info:

INETVER identical to yours.

[C:\]bldlevel \genmac\driver\genm32w.os2
Build Level Display Facility Version 6.12.675 Sep 25 2001
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1993-2001
Signature:       @#Willibald Meyer : 1.7.XXX WPA#@ GenMac Wrapper
Vendor:          Willibald Meyer
Revision:        1.07.XXX WPA
File Version:    1.7

For my wired NIC, I'm using the Broadcom driver, which does not include bldlevel information:

11-29-05 12:54p        43,998      0 a---  B57.OS2

On 08/02/06 01:00 pm, Rick R. thus wrote :
Hi Lewis !

By now my OS/2 system has become pretty much a CRAP
system as far as the Internet is concerned.
I just can not afford to have this damn box crash with
dozens of apps running:
Version numbers of TCP/IP protocol drivers:
   SOCKETS.SYS: 6.3100
   AFOS2.SYS:   6.3100
   AFINET.SYS:  6.3100

Not sure how to get the NIC versions, but I do know
that the GenMac driver should be the latest version
around.
I'm also using the latest WiFi driver version.

Thanks for any help

--- Lewis G Rosenthal
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

On 07/31/06 02:34 pm, Rick R. thus wrote :

Hello Folks I still get those dreaded SOCKETS.SYS errors, even

so

I applied all those SILLY IBM fixpaks that are out
there.
Is there any non-standard fix out for that error?

I've found that jogging my NIC driver forward or
back a version sometimes helps. What NIC driver(s) are you using,
and what's your INETVER, Rick?

<snip>

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants