Van: "John Poltorak" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: PCMCIA help
Datum: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 22:32:36 +0100
Aan: "R. G. Newbury" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 11:01:18AM -0400, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote:
> > I'd like to try and get a PCMCIA card working on a DELL Inspiron 6000
> > laptop. Has anyone tried this?
> >
> > AIUI it has a RICOH RL5c476 Cardbus controller according to a PCI scanner
> > I ran. Which Socket services driver will support that?
> >

> This is a Cardbus card  You do not need Socket services. An NDIS driver
> should do, exactly as if the card were a PCI card.
>
> I use a Xircom Realport Cardbus card in my Thinkpad 600E and the
> required line is 'device=c:\ibmcom\macs\cbendis.os2'
>
> (Together with the usual other ibmcom stuff, of course).

I don't understand what you mean.

I have a controller on the mother board - the RICOH I mentioned. It isn't
a card.

The card I want to use is an IBM PCMCIA Token Ring card.

Are you saying I don't need a socket server driver to be able to use it?

--
John

Aanmelden: Feed, Samenvatting, Index.
Afmelden