Van: "John Poltorak" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: PCMCIA help
Datum: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 22:39:44 +0100
Aan: Lewis G Rosenthal <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 11:06:18AM -0400, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
> On 08/03/06 06:15 am, John Poltorak thus wrote :
> > I'd like to try and get a PCMCIA card working on a DELL Inspiron 6000
> > laptop. Has anyone tried this?
> >
> > AIUI it has a RICOH RL5c476 Cardbus controller according to a PCI scanner
> > I ran. Which Socket services driver will support that?
> >
> John, see http://www.os2warp.be/index2.php?name=pcmciaentry for a good
> list of known chipsets and what services driver sets support which ones.
> I believe yours should be supported by the base OS driver. It is not a
> CardBUS chipset, either, so this only supports 16-bit  slots (and cards).

It mentions a forum at the website above but I can't access it. Any idea
if it is active?

I did see the RICOH RL5c476 mentioned in the chart and it has a green tick
in col 0 which suggests it should be supported but I can't tell which
Socket services driver to use. My system traps when I use IBM2SS14.sys

A newer one is mentioned

IBM PC Card Director / ibm2ss14.sys v3.0

Is this available anywhere?

Or should I be looking at something else?

--
John

Aanmelden: Feed, Samenvatting, Index.
Afmelden