From: "Julian Thomas" <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: VMWare server - can't get off the ground.
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 21:51:03 -0500 (EST)
To: "virtualized users list" <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com>

I laid out big bucks to upgrade my CPU to one that includes VT support, but if I try to install eCS
2.0 GA as an os2 VM it won't power on, complaining that there's no hardware virtualization.

Board is Intel DG31PR; CPU is Q8400. Host OS is XP.  Bios was updated to latest level, and
shows VT enabled (under the security tab).

If I change it to "Other 32 bit OS" I don't get that cuss message, but cannot get the virtual
console to open (I had clicked the box to go to bios on the first power on) under either FF or IE.
In FF I installed the vmware console plugin, but it then cusses about being unable to access the
VM console - couldn't get a session ticket.

In IE it's worse.  I installed the plugin, and then it comes back and says I need to install the
plugin.

Any ideas on these issues?
--
 Julian Thomas:   jt@jt-mj.net    http://jt-mj.net
 In the beautiful Genesee Valley of Western New York State!