List virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com Arkiverade meddelande #111

Från: "Doug Bissett" <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Meddelandehuvud
Oavkodat meddelande
Ämne: Re: [Virtualized eCS] Virtual box 6.0.14 r 133895, acpi shutdown with AOS 5.0.3 and virtual cpu
Datum: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 16:58:41 -0700 (MST)

On 2020-01-13, at 12:33:32, Massimo S. wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>i've installed a VM AOS 5.0.3, it seems to runs well
>but
>
>- the ACPI shutdown of VBOX don't shutdown the VM
>- if i add more than 1 CPU the AOS 503 VM still see only one
virtual CPU
>(ACPI PSD is in config.sys)
>
>host server is WS 2019 ST.ED.
>
>thanks
>bye
>
>massimo

I recommend not using more than 1 CPU in the VBox configuration.
Later versions of VBox work a little better than older ones, but it
looks like the support is similar to HYPERTHREADING, and
HYPERTHREADING is not, at all, friendly to OS/2. Using it will
probably result in hangs, after a while (usually less than 10
minutes).

I think we need more information, to determine what may cause the
other problems. ACPI is probably not loading, for some reason.
Which kernel got installed? Try the ACPISTAT command, in a
command prompt.

What does happen when you do a shutdown?

What install options did you select for ArcaOS?

What is "WS 2019 ST.ED"?
--
From Doug Bissett's ArcaOS system
dougb007 at telus.net
... Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

--
This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com

Prenumerera: Sändning, Uppsamling, Index.
Stoppa prenumeration
Meddelande till ListMaster