From: "Massimo S." <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [Virtualized eCS] virtual box VM and internet public IP
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 10:14:08 +0100

On 2020-01-13, at 22:55:05, Massimo S. wrote:

Hi all,

is it possible to assign an internet public IP to a virtual box guest
VM?

i can't find that anywere on the internet/docs/forums etc..

massimo

Yes. Do it EXACTLY the same way that you would do it for a real
machine, but you may need to try different options in the VBox
network configuration. I think that NAT would likely work, but you
also need to look in the Advanced settings, specifically the Port
Forwarding button. I haven't actually done that, but it should work.

NAT and port forwarding can be OK for VM with a web server, or a VM with a database machine, a db machine can also not seing the internet at all

but not for mail servers (i've 2), mail servers must have static/public ip
on the NIC were the mail server itself is binded

i want to virtualize my infrastructure, now 2 bare metal servers

and create 3 VMs 2 for mail servers and db and one only for apache+php
since apache+php is the most problematic application server

massimo