From: "Massimo S." <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [Virtualized eCS] virtual box VM and internet public IP - success
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:16:37 +0100

On 2020-01-13, at 22:55:05, Massimo S. wrote:

Hi all,

is it possible to assign an internet public IP to a virtual box guest
VM?

i can't find that anywere on the internet/docs/forums etc..

massimo

Yes. Do it EXACTLY the same way that you would do it for a real
machine, but you may need to try different options in the VBox
network configuration. I think that NAT would likely work, but you
also need to look in the Advanced settings, specifically the Port
Forwarding button. I haven't actually done that, but it should work.

NAT and port forwarding can be OK for VM with a web server, or a VM with a database machine, a db machine can also not seing the internet at all

but not for mail servers (i've 2), mail servers must have static/public ip
on the NIC were the mail server itself is binded

i want to virtualize my infrastructure, now 2 bare metal servers

and create 3 VMs 2 for mail servers and db and one only for apache+php
since apache+php is the most problematic application server

massimo

Ok, we got it

now the host OS has intranet lan IP 192.168.....

and the AOS503 guest VM has one of my static public IP
the VM can be reached from inside my office lan 192.168....
and from the internet too

this is very good

i've used connection "bridge"
Name: the host machine nic