From: "Massimo S." <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [Virtualized eCS] Virtual box 6.0.14 r 133895, acpi shutdown with AOS 5.0.3 and virtual cpu - 2 cpu success
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 12:47:49 +0100

On 2020-01-13, at 12:33:32, Massimo S. wrote:

Hi all,

i've installed a VM AOS 5.0.3, it seems to runs well
but

- the ACPI shutdown of VBOX don't shutdown the VM
- if i add more than 1 CPU the AOS 503 VM still see only one
virtual CPU
(ACPI PSD is in config.sys)

host server is WS 2019 ST.ED.

thanks
bye

massimo

I recommend not using more than 1 CPU in the VBox configuration.
Later versions of VBox work a little better than older ones, but it
looks like the support is similar to HYPERTHREADING, and
HYPERTHREADING is not, at all, friendly to OS/2. Using it will
probably result in hangs, after a while (usually less than 10
minutes).

I think we need more information, to determine what may cause the
other problems. ACPI is probably not loading, for some reason.
Which kernel got installed? Try the ACPISTAT command, in a
command prompt.

acpi 3.23.09
system is operating in PIC mode (Mode 0)
kernel is 14.200_W4
reailt PSD installed

massimo

i reinstalled the guest VM AOS 5.0.3 with ACPI modern hardware
and now it see 2 virtual CPUs

shutdown ACPI function still don't work

i've also a small issue
i must install boot manager to make the guest OS in the VM to boot
even if i have the primary partition (about 4GB JFS) startable
the VM don't boot without boot manager

massimo