From: "Doug Bissett" <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [Virtualized eCS] Virtual box 6.0.14 r 133895, acpi shutdown with AOS 5.0.3 and virtual cpu
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 08:26:50 -0700 (MST)

On 2020-01-14, at 10:15:12, Massimo S. wrote:

>Il 14/01/2020 00:58, Doug Bissett ha scritto:
>>On 2020-01-13, at 12:33:32, Massimo S. wrote:
>>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>i've installed a VM AOS 5.0.3, it seems to runs well
>>>but
>>>
>>>- the ACPI shutdown of VBOX don't shutdown the VM
>>>- if i add more than 1 CPU the AOS 503 VM still see only one
>>virtual CPU
>>>(ACPI PSD is in config.sys)
>>>
>>>host server is WS 2019 ST.ED.
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>bye
>>>
>>>massimo
>>I recommend not using more than 1 CPU in the VBox
configuration.
>>Later versions of VBox work a little better than older ones, but it
>>looks like the support is similar to HYPERTHREADING, and
>>HYPERTHREADING is not, at all, friendly to OS/2. Using it will
>>probably result in hangs, after a while (usually less than 10
>>minutes).
>>I think we need more information, to determine what may cause
the
>>other problems. ACPI is probably not loading, for some reason.
>>Which kernel got installed? Try the ACPISTAT command, in a
>>command prompt.
>>What does happen when you do a shutdown?
>
>AOS shut down, but the VM stay open
>so that vbox don't understand that the guest OS has been
shutdown

>>What install options did you select for ArcaOS?
>
>virtual machine

Well, that is the problem. You need to define a modern machine, in
VBox, then use the modern, with ACPI, install option for ArcaOS.
The ancient virtual machine option uses the Uniprocessor kernel,
which is not well supported by ACPI. ArcaOS 5.05 probably won't
even include the virtual machine install option.

>>What is "WS 2019 ST.ED"?
>
>windows server 2019 standard edition (64bit ita)

Okay, that should work.

--
From Doug Bissett's ArcaOS system
dougb007 at telus.net