Mensaje archivado #123 de la Lista virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com

De: "Massimo S." <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Encabezados Completos
Mensaje no decodificado
Asunto: Re: [Virtualized eCS] Virtual box 6.0.14 r 133895, acpi shutdown with AOS 5.0.3 and virtual cpu - 2 cpu success
Fecha: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 17:32:52 +0100
Para: Virtualized eCS Users Mailing List <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com>

On 2020-01-13, at 12:33:32, Massimo S. wrote:

Hi all,

i've installed a VM AOS 5.0.3, it seems to runs well
but

- the ACPI shutdown of VBOX don't shutdown the VM
- if i add more than 1 CPU the AOS 503 VM still see only one
virtual CPU
(ACPI PSD is in config.sys)

host server is WS 2019 ST.ED.

thanks
bye

massimo

I recommend not using more than 1 CPU in the VBox
configuration.
Later versions of VBox work a little better than older ones, but
it
looks like the support is similar to HYPERTHREADING, and
HYPERTHREADING is not, at all, friendly to OS/2. Using it will
probably result in hangs, after a while (usually less than 10
minutes).

I think we need more information, to determine what may cause
the
other problems. ACPI is probably not loading, for some reason.
Which kernel got installed? Try the ACPISTAT command, in a
command prompt.
acpi 3.23.09
system is operating in PIC mode (Mode 0)
kernel is 14.200_W4

This kernel is the Uniprocessor kernel.

reailt PSD installed
massimo

i reinstalled the guest VM AOS 5.0.3 with ACPI modern hardware
and now it see 2 virtual CPUs

I will be surprised, if that doesn't cause hangs.

it seems rock solid stable

shutdown ACPI function still don't work

How, exactly, are you doing the shutdown? I always use RMB and
select shutdown. From there, you have options.

the button on the application bar at the bottom of the screen
the VM repains open, even if the guest OS has shutdown

i've also a small issue
i must install boot manager to make the guest OS in the VM to
boot
even if i have the primary partition (about 4GB JFS) startable
the VM don't boot without boot manager

If you have only ONE boot volume, and it is drive C:, and it is a
primary partition, you don't need Boot Manager (and, I hope you
mean Air Boot, not the ancient Boot Manager, which can have
problems with ACPI).

no

my C: is JFS primary startable 3999 MegaBytes
the VM don't boot from disk
i'm forced to install Airboot (the one that install automatically AOS)

i'd like that AOS could boot directly :(

massimo

massimo

It is -34C (about -32F), and I need to go out for the morning.

Hope this helps...

Suscribirse: Todos, Compendio, Indice.
Desuscribirse
Correo al dueño de la Lista