From: "Massimo S." <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [Virtualized eCS] Virtual box 6.0.14 r 133895, acpi shutdown with AOS 5.0.3 and virtual cpu - 2 cpu success
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 11:26:33 +0100

On 2020-01-14, at 17:32:52, Massimo S. wrote:

...snip...

i reinstalled the guest VM AOS 5.0.3 with ACPI modern
hardware
and now it see 2 virtual CPUs
I will be surprised, if that doesn't cause hangs.

it seems rock solid stable

I tried a new install of ArcaOS 5.0.4 (I have 5.0.3, but it isn't
handy). I can't even get it to boot if I enable a second processor. It
either hangs, can't find a file, or I get a kernel trap. One processor
works properly. This is the same things that I see, if I enable
HYPERTHREADING in a real machine.

all well here, i'm surprised, but it's really stable (and fast too!!)
now i'm running virtual box 6.0.16 r135674 as hypervisor
maybe they fixed something

but again, i believe my VMs works well since i've a lot of stuff
commented in config.sys e.g. no usb, no winos2, no audio, no hpfs, no fat32,
no iso fs, no ibmfloppy, no printers, etc.. etc.. etc...

shutdown ACPI function still don't work
How, exactly, are you doing the shutdown? I always use RMB
and
select shutdown. From there, you have options.

the button on the application bar at the bottom of the screen
the VM repains open, even if the guest OS has shutdown

I am still not clear what is happening. I did a new install, because I
always remove the XCenter shut down button (I have better things
to put in XCenter, and there is limited room in the bar). The
XCenter shutdown button takes me to the same place that RMB->
Shut down takes me. It turns off, with no problem. The VirtualBox
Manager window is still open (just close it), but the VM is shut
down.

when the configuration of all the application servers will be done
i will disable the WPS (as i do on my other 2 servers)
i will only start presentation manager at boot

SET RUNWORKPLACE=C:\OS2\CMD.EXE

i've also a small issue
i must install boot manager to make the guest OS in the VM to
boot
even if i have the primary partition (about 4GB JFS) startable
the VM don't boot without boot manager
If you have only ONE boot volume, and it is drive C:, and it is a
primary partition, you don't need Boot Manager (and, I hope you
mean Air Boot, not the ancient Boot Manager, which can have
problems with ACPI).
no

my C: is JFS primary startable 3999 MegaBytes
the VM don't boot from disk
i'm forced to install Airboot (the one that install automatically
AOS)

i'd like that AOS could boot directly :(

I can't even imagine what is causing that. I have never had that
problem, and I have installed ArcaOS (various versions), many
times. If I use a boot drive letter other than C:, or if I make it an
extended partition, or if I make more than one boot partition, I do
need Air Boot (or Boot Manager), as expected (same as on a real
machine).

It appears that you are doing something wrong, but I don't know
what it might be.

please share with me your config.sys (privately)
i'll do the same

in the meantime my aos503 VM with 2 cores is very very very stable ;)

massimo