От: "Doug Bissett" <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Полные заголовки
Декодированное сообщение
Тема: Re: [Virtualized eCS] Virtual box 6.0.14 r 133895, acpi shutdown with AOS 5.0.3 and virtual cpu - 2 cpu success
Дата: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 11:33:08 -0700 (MST)

On 2020-01-17, at 15:38:29, Massimo S. wrote:

>Il 17/01/2020 14:27, Massimo S. ha scritto:

using the
REMing lines

>>>after some while eith the classic intel driver E1000B.OS2 it
seems to
>>>work
>>>
>>>but datarates are poor, just like with AMD PC net III 100Mbit
>>>
>>>max. download datarate VM -> laptop via ftp 5-6
MegaBytes/sec...
>>>more than a local machine it seems a remote server connected
>>>via a 100Megabit FTTC  :(
>>>
>>>any help?
>>>thanks
>>>
>>>massimo
>>i've now moved the VM on a SATA3 SSD
>>but the ftp datarates are the same than when it was on an old
7200 RPM
>>HDD :(
>>massimo
>
>explained the mistery!
>
>i've seen that also copying a file from a partition to another in the
>guest VM had the same datarate.... :(
>
>so i realized that it was DANIS
>
>now i've put only /!BIOS option into danis driver in config.sys
>and i get 18,7MegaBytes/sec datarates that's not so good
>but surely better
>
>any hint to speed up it?
>
>thanks
>
>massimo

Well, first, don't use IDE disk attachments (and /!BIOS is the default
install option, for a reason). Change that to SATA (AHCI), and use
"/f /n" on the OS2AHCI.ADD line, in CONFIG.SYS. Also, define the
disk drive as being a SSD, or VBox will insert seek delays (it
doesn't matter what the real disk is). Don't try to change it without
first preparing the guest with the proper drivers.

Whether that will speed up FTP, or not, I don't know. FTP is not
governed by disk speed, it is governed by the slowest link in the
whole chain, and that is usually something in the network. 18 MBs
is not that bad. Also, be aware, that windows changed their method
of calculating network transfer speed, about a year ago. I used to
see 20 MBs in windows, and about 16 MBs in OS/2. Now, I see
about 16 MBs in both. I have no idea what is slowing the transfer
(windows obviously got caught cheating on their performance
numbers). I can start a second transfer (from a windows machine),
using a second computer, and the same server (the old P4), and it
shows 30 MBs. Starting a third system, it will hover around 40 MBs
on the old P4, so it isn't the slower computer, it isn't the network,
and it isn't IDE, that is slowing it (the P4 doesn't support AHCI).
OS/2 to OS/2 does the same thing.
--
From Doug Bissett's ArcaOS system
dougb007 at telus.net