От: "Massimo S." <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Полные заголовки
Декодированное сообщение
Тема: Re: [Virtualized eCS] Virtual box 6.0.14 r 133895, acpi shutdown with AOS 5.0.3 and virtual cpu - 2 cpu success
Дата: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 23:44:00 +0100
Кому: Virtualized eCS Users Mailing List <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com>

On 2020-01-27, at 19:04:21, Massimo S. wrote:

Il 27/01/2020 13:31, Massimo S. ha scritto:
Il 27/01/2020 12:35, Massimo S. ha scritto:

...snip...

Hi Doug,

i've moved to MMLEM.OS2 AN driver (1.1.3), but i'm still
seeing poor
datarates 4,7-6MegaBytes/sec  laptop -> AOS 503 VM
(the VM is hosted on a intel xeon 8 cores supermicro server)

massimo
more tests:
virtual-nic: AMD 1core 2,5MB/sec
virtual-nic: AMD 2core 3,5MB/sec
virtual-nic: MML 2core 4,5MB/sec
with MMLEM is syrely better
but very far for a VM that has his storage on SSD
and connected with Intel Gigabit NICs
any help?

Well, the AMD device is 100 Mbs, while the Intel device is 1000
Mbs, so you can't compare them. Since NICs work at a limited
speed (very much slower than any modern disk drive, even at 1000
Mbs), I don't know why you are seeing those numbers. My guess is
that you do not have a good setup.

we have see allmost all parameters...

You also need to remember to
mark virtual disk drives as being SSD, in the VM, or VBox will
insert seek delays. It doesn't matter what the real disk is.

already set SSD on all VMs
moving a 6GB file from a partition to another (all JFS)
inside the same guest VM i get >100MegaBytes/sec (also 120MB/sec)
so it's not a disk datarate issue

thanks

i've tried an old eCS2.2b guest on VMware hypervisor ESX 6.5
running on
the same hardware

i get about 20MegaBytes/sec ftp datarates...
same eCS 2.2b on vbox i get 4,5MegaBytes/sec ftp datarates...

(not talking that with Vbox i can't autostart VMs at boot)

There is a way, but I don't remember how. I am sure it is in the docs
somewhere.

there is a way under linux as host
i'm running WS2019 with i'm much more comfortable

anyway i've found a way to start the 2 VMs at Win logon
which is sufficient for me at the moment

there is also a software that runs VMs as services
but it cost 49$

https://www.coretechnologies.com/products/AlwaysUp/Install.html

i've already bought the software that do live bkups...
anyway i will mind if buy it

there is also this software:

https://github.com/onlyfang/VBoxVmService

that's free, but it has issues (it don't work at all, sigh)

if i find a free sw for live bkups of VMs under ESX
i will go with ESX has hypervisor

massimo

From the little that I know about ESX, it does not virtualize a
machine. It shares a real machine with more than one operating
system. If it works, use it.

i still have to find how to schedule bkups
how to add notifications

i've found "GhettoVCB"* that's free runs under ESX free hypervisor
and do live bkups (i mean bkups without turning off the VMs)
but i still have to find a way to schedule it
e.g. one time per night...
and it uses NFS as protocol that i don't like so much
anyway i also have a Qnap nap that use NFS
so i could use it as storage for bkups...

* https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-8760

I still think you have a bad setup in VBox, but I don't have the time
to try to figure it out.

the CPU is a xeon 8cores but clocked at 2Ghz, i guess that Vbox is very "clock/frequency" oriented, the much higher is the clock, the faster are performances

this is my tought at the moment
as far from my tests, MS free Hyper-V is way the faster hypervisor around
but unfortunately eCS/AOS don't run under it :(
this one does everything, live bkups, live replica and
comes with a number of interesting features

> there was a post, some time ago, in this mail
> list, about how to make a modern VBox setup for OS/2 (probably
> eCS at the time)

i'm subscribed since 3th jan 2020 :(

massimo

Подписаться: Полностью, Дайджест, Заголовки.
Отписаться
Написать администратору списка рассылки