List virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com Arkiverade meddelande #192

Från: "Doug Bissett" <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Meddelandehuvud
Oavkodat meddelande
Ämne: Re: [Virtualized eCS] VM AOS 5.0.3 sometimes hang at boot on pmshell.exe
Datum: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:05:19 -0600 (MDT)

On 2024-04-29, at 10:55:27, Massimo S. wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>my VM with AOS503, 2 cores, 4GB ram, AHCI running under Vbox,
>do a daily scheduled reboot.
>Sometimes it hang in the config.sys process while starting the GUI.
>
>I don't use the WPS.
>( SET RUNWORKPLACE=C:\OS2\CMD.EXE )
>
>I don't have anywere (popuplog, \var\log-etc. dumps about the PMSHELL process).
>
>I don't have BASEDEV=BOOTDLY.SYS in config.sys should i use it?
>I have all the multimedia stuff (timer0 and other stuff disabled).
>
>The video driver part is this:
>
>DEVINFO=SCR,VGA,C:\OS2\BOOT\VIOTBL.DCP
>SET VIDEO_DEVICES=VIO_SVGA
>SET VIO_SVGA=DEVICE(BVHVGA,BVHSVGA)
>DEVICE=C:\OS2\MDOS\VSVGA.SYS
>SET GRADD_CHAINS=C1
>DEVICE=C:\OS2\GRADD.SYS
>DEVICE=C:\OS2\MDOS\VMANWIN.SYS
>SET C1=GENGRADD,SBFILTER
>
>In config.sys i also have: DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\TESTCFG2.SYS
>Should i remove it, i know this driver gave some issues in the past.
>

>Any help, any hint?

First, what VM are you using? What host?

I know that using more than one core, in VBOX, tends to cause problems. Performance difference between one core, and 2, is probably minimal.

BOOTDLY is probably not needed, but that could depend on your exact configuration.

Check your memory usage. 2 GB is usually more than enough.

I would suggest to leave TESTCFG2 alone. If you are up to date, it should have nothing to do anyway. Perhaps update to AOS 5.0.8.

--
From Doug Bissett's ArcaOS system

Prenumerera: Sändning, Uppsamling, Index.
Stoppa prenumeration
Meddelande till ListMaster