From: "Doug Bissett" <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [Virtualized eCS] TAP driver killing TCP/IP bandwidth
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 15:35:39 -0700 (MST)

On 2009-12-09, at 14:01:33, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

...snip...
>I'll have to fashion myself a CAT-6 crossover to eliminate the
>switch from the equation.)

Most modern switches, and NICs, will automatically reverse the wiring,
if they think you might be using the wrong cable. Just try a normal
cable.

>Has anyone else seen this type of performance hit cuased by the TAP driver?

No, but my switch, and router, only run at 100 Mbs, so I may not have
noticed a speed reduction. I will see if I can hook it direct from my
desktop to my T43, and see what happens (may be tomorrow, before I get
a chance).
--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus.net