From: "Ed Durrant" <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [Virtualized eCS] New VMWare Workstation (v6)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 05:57:59 +1100

Steve wrote:
Ed Durrant wrote:
My System has AMD-V (AMDs version of virtualisation support) - same effect - looking at the drivers as they load, it appears to be ISASNP that is hanging.
Ed,

Have you tried waiting it out like I suggested earlier?  If you do, I think you'll find that, rather than hanging, ISASNP is just spending WAY too much time looking for something it is unlikely to find. Again, if one is sufficiently patient, the install WILL continue. Expect the same behavior from PCISNP, with a slightly shorter wait.

Waited 40 minutes the first time (but didn't have alt+F2 on at the time, so didn't see if it cycled through two hangs as you described). It never abended as you described though.

--
Cheers/2

Ed

eComStationAustralia podcast RSS feed http://eComStationAustralia.podbean.com/feed or iTunes