From: "Doug Bissett" <virtualized_ecs_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [Virtualized eCS] TAP driver killing TCP/IP bandwidth
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:19:07 -0700 (MST)

On 2009-12-13, at 15:34:59, Doug Bissett wrote:

>I am replying to my own post, rather than to much more complicated
>later posts...

I found some time to do more with this. Much snipped...

...snip...
>I then tried half a dozen things to try to get the M3A78-EM (10EC:8168)
>to go at anything other than 100 Mbs. It just won't do it, so I tried
>the driver for the 10EC:8169 NIC. No change. I don't have anything
>except eCS 2.0 Silver, or RC6a, to try on the M3A78-EM.
...snip...
>The M3A78-EM (10EC:8168) runs at 100 Mbs with the default GENMAC
>install. I haven't found a way to change that. This I will follow up in
>the GENMAC list.
...snip...

Okay, I got this thing to run (sort of) at 1 Gbs. It seems that if it
ever gets started at 100 Mbs, it will never switch up, until it is
powered on with something that runs at 1 Gbs at the other end of the
wire. The "problem" is, that it won't work when both ends are running
at 1 Gbs. Usually, it just hangs, but twice it caused a TRAP 0003 in
GENMAC32. More follow up in the GENMAC list.
--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus.net