From: Lewis <lgrosenthal@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [vkapps-dev] Proper placement memboot menu string which is ArcaOS-specific
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 16:23:52 -0500

Hi...

On 03/07/18 03:04 pm, Rich Walsh wrote:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 14:48:17 -0500, Lewis wrote:

We have our first translated menu string for ArcaOS. The question
is whether this rightfully belongs in bios/menu_xx.inc in the
Netlabs repository or whether this should go elsewhere
The string in the Netlabs repo should read "Boot from CD/DVD".
The one in the AN repo should read "Install / Maintain ArcaOS"
(or the NLS equivalent) either by virtue of a one-time custom
build or because someone spent 30 seconds with a hex editor.

:-)

We have a tools\memdisk directory in the ArcaOS tree containing:

bin
bin\xx
boot
doc
exe

To more closely mirror the flat layout of the /bios directory at Netlabs, we could add nls and keep our ArcaOS-specific sources there.

Also, I noticed a while back that you run 'memcfg' every time
you build. Why? Memdisk virtually never changes. Run it once,
commit the result and eliminate a wholly unnecessary step.

Alex will have to speak to this. I'm just the janitor. :-)

Likely this is a holdover from early on in the alpha stage for 5.0 (when everything fit on a CD - LOL).

Thanks for this, Rich. I guess I needed to hear from someone else that we should keep the ArcaOS stuff separate.