From: "Rich Walsh" <rich@e-vertise.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [vkapps-dev] Proper placement memboot menu string which is ArcaOS-specific
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 17:19:54 -0500

On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 16:23:52 -0500, Lewis wrote:

> We have a tools\memdisk directory in the ArcaOS tree containing:
>
>bin
>[etc]

Yes, and most of it should be flushed away as just so much detritus.
Other than 'memboot.sek', I don't believe there's a single file in
'bin\' that you actually use. Having all this stuff may have seemed
appropriate in the early days but at this point, it's just confusing
and a potential source of error.

> To more closely mirror the flat layout of the /bios directory
> at Netlabs, we could add nls and keep our ArcaOS-specific sources
> there.

I don't see any reason that Memdisk should be handled any differently
than, say, ANXWP. The generic source code is in a well-known location
outside AN's domain, and the proprietary portions reside in a separate
repo within AN's domain where it can't be expropriated. When the need
arises, the two are pulled in and compiled, and only the final product
resides within the build repo.

Rich Walsh

--
This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com