From: "Alex Taylor" <alex@altsan.org> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [vkapps-dev] Proper placement memboot menu string which is ArcaOS-specific
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 14:07:30 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 07 Mar 2018 17:19:54 -0500 Rich Walsh wrote:

> > We have a tools\memdisk directory in the ArcaOS tree containing:
> >
> >bin
> >[etc]
>
> Yes, and most of it should be flushed away as just so much detritus.
> Other than 'memboot.sek', I don't believe there's a single file in
> 'bin\' that you actually use. Having all this stuff may have seemed
> appropriate in the early days but at this point, it's just confusing
> and a potential source of error.

We use other files from those directories depending on NLV.  For example,
the special fonts for Japanese and Russian.

Yes, we could pull them from a different directory, but frankly I see no
real benefit.

As for running memcfg, I elected to do it during build to make it easier
to change the options, which we have done periodically in the past, and
per-NLV as well.

--
Alex Taylor <alex@altsan.org>
http://www.altsan.org