From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [vkapps-user] CRC error during PF unpack
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 11:20:54 -0700

In <list-480506@2rosenthals.com>, on 08/11/18
   at 02:04 PM, Lewis <lgrosenthal@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi,

>AFAICT, packfile.exe does not provide any method to test a PF. The
>documentation references not packing compressed files, and the PF in
>question does include a zipfile.

I think you are misreading the docs.  Bits are bits.  At worst, all that
should happen is that the file size will increase and the decompress times
will increase.  Try zipping a zip file with zip.  The resulting file will
be larger.  What the docs are saying is that the compress/decompress
algorithms will work better with uncompressed compressed data.

>I'm wondering if it is possible that a
>recent update to InfoZip may be a factor, here.

I can't see why.

>Thoughts?

Have you tested the corrupted .pf with e_pf?

Can I ask the end-user which CRC error message was displayed?

Steven

"Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net>  Warp/DIY/BlueLion etc.
www.scoug.com www.arcanoae.com www.warpcave.com