From: Lewis <lgrosenthal@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [vkapps-user] CRC error during PF unpack
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 16:51:13 -0400

Hi...

On 08/11/18 02:38 pm, Steven Levine wrote:
In <list-480519@2rosenthals.com>, on 08/11/18
    at 02:08 PM, Lewis <lgrosenthal@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi,

Thoughts?
The exact error, close to the end of the first line of dots, is:
Packed data CRC failed..
That's better.  This means the file itself it corrupted.  There are two
CRC checks.  This is the one that is done before the data is unpacked.

Okay. that would imply that even if one or more of the files inside the PF was broken, the CRC should still match.

Have you tested the corrupted .pf with e_pf?

How does one go about testing other than to extract?

If I extract the PF to a temporary directory:

[d:\] e_pf.exe AOSBOOT.PF test\ <Enter>

all files extract cleanly. If I then compare those files to the files used to create the PF, they all compare without errors.