From: Lewis <lgrosenthal@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [vkapps-user] CRC error during PF unpack
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 15:55:40 -0400

On 08/12/18 04:23 pm, Rich Walsh wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 15:14:46 -0400, Lewis wrote:

at other times, the stick has been dirty, with lost clusters.
The combination of a thumb drive and a FAT filesystem can be toxic.

Use AOSBoot.cmd to install to a hard disk partition to determine
if the issue lies in the content or the medium.

Yes, it appears that I forgot one of my cardinal rules on this particular system: Always, always, always eject the USB device before shutting down and rebooting. I don't know whether there is something specifically messing with the data on shutdown, but if I leave the flash drive inserted, it invariably becomes corrupted.